Family Life Development Center
The Family Life Development Center (FLDC) is a mentoring program created to help members of Hope Church develop a Biblical perspective about life and implement Biblical principles for solving problems.
FLDC operates on these key assumptions:
- The Bible is true.
- There is nothing the Bible does not address for living rightly.
- People change, grow, and solve problems best in the context of relationship.
- No one person is ever the only help a person needs.
- People have to learn how to solve their own problems.
How Does FLDC Mentoring Work?
- Hope Church members who are least 18 years old may get a referral from a Growth Group Leader, Ministry Leader or Hope Staff Member.
- Pick up an application and listen to the “Introduction to the Family Life Development Center” CD from your leader or from the church office.
- Complete the application and return it to the FLDC Director’s box labeled “FLDC Applications” located in the church office.
- The FLDC Director will review your application and if there are currently FLDC Mentors available who will be a good fit for you, she will pair you with a Mentor.
- The FLDC Director will contact you to let you know any further questions she has and who you have been paired with for mentoring.
- It will be your responsibility to contact the Mentor according the FLDC Director’s instruction.
- The first meeting will include discussing the policies and procedures of FLDC and the goals for getting help.
- Up to six weeks of meetings and homework will be planned to work on the issue presented.
- You may apply for an additional six weeks of mentoring if it is determined to be helpful.