- Roles are undefined (not sure who does what and why)
- Roles are blurred (negotiated or wrong)
- Roles are crossed
- Wife tries to lead instead of following
- Husband follows instead of leads
You both become less than what God intended as a man and woman, and lose respect for one another over time
- The wife becomes
- Focused on the kids,
- Grows increasingly more bitter
- The husband withdraws more and more into work or play and grows
- Cold and hard
- Gives up
- Stops contributing meaningfully
- Stops fighting her
What to Do
Assume and fulfill the roles God has assigned each of you in the marriage
- Know and understand what the Bible says about your prescribed roles (it's clear; they are distinct)
- Difference is by God's design.
- The difference is consistent with the roles God created in marriage.
- Trust God as you faithfully fulfill your assigned roles.
- Husbands LEAD!
- Wives FOLLOW!
Posted in Marriage
Parenting Mistake #3 - Too Strict not Not Strict Enough
November 10th, 2022
Marriage Mistake #10 - She won't have sex. / He won't talk.
November 7th, 2022
Marriage Mistake #9 - And we'll live happily ever after!
November 3rd, 2022
Marriage Mistake #8 - No, thank you. We can handle it ourselves.
October 31st, 2022
Marriage Mistake #7 - If only my spouse would just change...
October 27th, 2022
Top 10 Marriage Mistakes and What to Do About ThemMarriage Mistake #1 - Things just seem to be getting worse no matter what we do.Marriage Mistake #2 - The Kids Come First!How to Read Your BibleMarriage Mistake #3 - What's in it for ME?Marriage Mistake #4 - Can you hear me NOW?Marriage Mistake #5 - He won't LEAD! / She won't FOLLOW!Understanding BaptismMarriage Mistake #6 - If we wait long enough, our problems will take care of themslevesMarriage Mistake #7 - If only my spouse would just change...Marriage Mistake #8 - No, thank you. We can handle it ourselves.