Confusion about sex and intimacy
- She thinks, "If he really cared about me, he'd take time to show affection by talking to me without the pressure of sex."
- He thinks, "If she really loved me, she would want me and want to please me."
- Both are not thinking about the needs of the other
Frustration, hurt, and blame
- Playing guessing games
- Using each other
- Lashing out
What to Do
Strive to achieve intimacy in your marriage at every level.
- Levels of intimacy (emotional, social, sexual, recreational, intellectual, spiritual.
- Understand the differences between men and women sexually (needs, response cycle, etc.)
- He needs sex.
- She needs affection.
- He needs to be appreciated and admired; she needs to be cherished and cared for.
Posted in Marriage
Parenting Mistake #3 - Too Strict not Not Strict Enough
November 10th, 2022
Marriage Mistake #10 - She won't have sex. / He won't talk.
November 7th, 2022
Marriage Mistake #9 - And we'll live happily ever after!
November 3rd, 2022
Marriage Mistake #8 - No, thank you. We can handle it ourselves.
October 31st, 2022
Marriage Mistake #7 - If only my spouse would just change...
October 27th, 2022
Top 10 Marriage Mistakes and What to Do About ThemMarriage Mistake #1 - Things just seem to be getting worse no matter what we do.Marriage Mistake #2 - The Kids Come First!How to Read Your BibleMarriage Mistake #3 - What's in it for ME?Marriage Mistake #4 - Can you hear me NOW?Marriage Mistake #5 - He won't LEAD! / She won't FOLLOW!Understanding BaptismMarriage Mistake #6 - If we wait long enough, our problems will take care of themslevesMarriage Mistake #7 - If only my spouse would just change...Marriage Mistake #8 - No, thank you. We can handle it ourselves.