Determining to do marriage alone, without help from others
- Refusing help when it's offered
- Not asking for help when it's needed
- Waiting too long to ask for help that is needed
- Hanging around the wrong people or not hanging around the right people
You are more likely to do a lot of stupid things by mistake that hurt the marriage and make things worse.
- You won't realize how ignorant about marriage you really are
- You'll default to do what you know, thinking it is right when it isn't
- People will offer all kinds of advice that may or may not be helpful
- You'll get locked into a cycle of pride, mistakes, damage, and stubbornness
What to Do
Swallow your pride and GET HELP!
- Don't wait until you're in crisis or things are bad
- Connect with a group of people who can both tell you and show you how to relate rightly
- Learn to be open and honest with people who can help you
- ASK for help
- Accept help when offered
- Be open to correction
Posted in Marriage
Parenting Mistake #3 - Too Strict not Not Strict Enough
November 10th, 2022
Marriage Mistake #10 - She won't have sex. / He won't talk.
November 7th, 2022
Marriage Mistake #9 - And we'll live happily ever after!
November 3rd, 2022
Marriage Mistake #8 - No, thank you. We can handle it ourselves.
October 31st, 2022
Marriage Mistake #7 - If only my spouse would just change...
October 27th, 2022
Top 10 Marriage Mistakes and What to Do About ThemMarriage Mistake #1 - Things just seem to be getting worse no matter what we do.Marriage Mistake #2 - The Kids Come First!How to Read Your BibleMarriage Mistake #3 - What's in it for ME?Marriage Mistake #4 - Can you hear me NOW?Marriage Mistake #5 - He won't LEAD! / She won't FOLLOW!Understanding BaptismMarriage Mistake #6 - If we wait long enough, our problems will take care of themslevesMarriage Mistake #7 - If only my spouse would just change...Marriage Mistake #8 - No, thank you. We can handle it ourselves.